The key to having a RE/MAX Hallmark Group REALTOR® represent your interests as a seller is for the marketing of the property. You only have one chance at a first impression! That first impression is not only ensuring that the property presents well, it also includes the initial asking price, professional photos and description of the home. RE/MAX Hallmark Group REALTORS® understand the importance of a great property launch!
Here is what to expect in seller representation:
- A meeting at your home with the potential REALTOR® to discuss your home and moving expectations. You will also interview the REALTOR® to ensure your comfort with that person.
- Sign a Listing Agreement authorizing the REALTOR® to market your home and represent your interests. A typical agreement is for three to six months.
- Your REALTOR® will likely follow up with a meeting to obtain details about your home including dates of any renovations or repairs, utility bill information, taxes and finishes of the home. Sometimes REALTORS® may have licensed assistants who follow up with you for this information.
- Your REALTOR® will establish a plan to market the property that will include open houses, if you wish, staging and, in some cases, some small renovations.
- Once launched, the Customer Service Department of RE/MAX Hallmark Group will contact you to book appointments on behalf of any registrant REALTORS® within the Ottawa area. Your security is paramount! All brokerages in Ottawa work in unison to protect your security by only giving access to registrants within the Ottawa Real Estate Board. This process also ensures that those viewing the property have been qualified by a professional within the industry.
- On a weekly basis, your REALTOR® will review with you the appointments and the feedback. Your REALTOR® may recommend some changes in the marketing based on feedback and the response of the market shown by the number of showings.
- Upon receiving an offer or multiple offers, your REALTOR® will navigate the presentation for the offer or offers and help you make the best decision regarding counter offers or acceptance. This stage of the negotiations is crucial! It is where the REALTOR® really shows value! Not every negotiation results in a sale however the chances of a successful sale are many times more likely with a professional negotiator who knows the market and your bottom line!
- After acceptance your REALTOR® will send your offer to the lawyer of your choice and be in touch with you regarding next steps up until closing.
RE/MAX Hallmark Group REALTORS® understand this process and will explain how it will apply to your home upon meeting with you! To start the process today, please contact us!