One of the best parts about living in Ottawa is the vast amounts of festivals, events and activities to do on any given day. And one of the best parts about summer is that the majority of these activities are outside!
Here are a few outdoor activities to make this your best summer yet!
- Calypso waterpark… need I say more? This outdoor waterpark is the largest in Canada with over 35 waterslides, water obstacle courses, lazy rivers, wave pools and more! If you’ve never been it’s definitely worth checking out.
- Mont Cascade waterpark. Although Mont Cascade is a bit smaller and further from Ottawa’s core, it has the advantage of being less expensive and less busy, but still fun! It’s a great alternative to its big brother Calypso.
- Mosaika Sound and Light show at Parliament Hill. This sound and light shows tells the story of Canada’s history and culture in a spectacular way. It runs nightly between 9:30 and 10pm, assuming the weather permits. For cancellation notices and schedule updates, check out their twitter feed.
- Changing of the guard. Always wanted to watch the changing of the guard but never made it to England? Well you’re in luck, as Ottawa has its own daily changing of the guard downtown which includes a band and piper.
- Bluesfest, which is taking place right now! This year’s headliners include the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Brad Paisley, Future, the Lumineers, Sam Hunt, City and Colour and many more! To purchase tickets or to see the rest of the lineup, click here.
- Lumière Festival. Held at New Edinburgh Park on August 20th. “Bring your latern, wear a costume, and enter a world of magic”. For more information, take a look at their website.
This list is just a few of our favourite summer activities, what are yours? Comment below!