The long winter is over and the much anticipated spring season has begun. But are you and your home ready for it? Here are some quick tips on how to get your home spring ready!
1) It’s time to put away your winter wardrobe and get out your spring/summer one. Now is a great time to go through your last season clothes and donate everything you don’t want anymore!
2) If you have warm winter colours around the house, for example you’re bedding, switch those out for some nice yellows, pale pinks, whites etc.
3) Now you’ve gone through your clothes, why not go through the rest of your stuff too? Out with the old, in with the new! Now is the time to clean out the classic “junk drawer” go through the fridge and pantry, and rifle through the garage.
4) Begin the process of getting your yard ready by cleaning off the deck, raking the lawn, planting some flowers and most importantly, testing out your new barbeque!
5) If you have any trees in your yard or hanging over your house, it’s a good idea to give those gutters a clean!
6) Clean your windows. This is a task that most dread and most people don’t do it as often as they should, but it can make the world of difference! If you don’t want to spend the time and have hard to reach windows, hire some local window washers from the neighbourhood.
7) Get new batteries for all of your smoke detectors so that you’re good for another year.
8) If you’re truly committed to your spring clean, why not go the extra mile and do all the touch ups around the house that you’ve been meaning to do. For example, a new coat of paint to the walls, re-finish your wood furniture, re-caulk the bathtub and throw away the chipped kitchen flatware and replace it with some new ones.
Although it can be tiresome, you’ll be surprised how good you will feel if you take the time to properly spring clean your home!
For more tips and tricks, check out our Spring Cleaning Pinterest Board.