Just because summer is almost over, doesn't mean the fun has to be over! Here are some fun activities to keep you busy this month.
1. Every Sunday morning, until September 4th, their are many routes around Ottawa and Gatineau that are closed for the NOKIA Sunday Bikedays. To find out which routes exactly, visit their website.
2. Until September 5th, stop by the Canada Aviation and Space Museum to see Star Treks fleet of spaceships on display. Save money by going Tuesday between 4pm and 9pm, as it's two for the price of one! For more information, check out their website.
3. If Star Trek isn't your thing, but art is, stop by the National Gallery of Canada to see the Picasso exhibit. This exhibit, which contains the entire Vollard Suite, hasn't been shown in nearly 60 years so you won't want to miss it! The exhibit ends September 5th. For a list of prices and hours, click here.
4. Head over to Baie Park in Gatineau for the largest hot air balloon festival in Canada. The event includes activities as well as, of course, hot air balloons!. The event runs from September 1st to 5th, for more details click here.
5. Bigger, scarier and meaner. Until September 5th the Canadian Museum of Nature is having an exhibit on the largest dinosaurs from the Southern Hemisphere. For more information, click here.
6. Have you ever been inside the Rideau Hall at 1 Sussex Drive? Now is your chance! On September 10th the hall will be open for a tour. It will also feature local producers and share their story. For more information, click here.
7. As this summer comes to an end, the Sound and Light Show on Parliament is also wrapping up for the year. It begins every night at 9:30pm and tells a new story about Canada's culture and history each night. However, as it is an outdoor event, it only runs if the weather permits. If you're planning on going to check it out but want to ensure the show is still running, check out their website.
8. Cityfolk festival at Lansdowne is a new festival that will feature artists such as Vance Joy and X Ambassadors. This exciting new festival will surely be something you won’t want to miss between September 14th-18th. To see other headlining artists, head over to their website.
9. On September 18th, participate in the Canada Army Run by either running 5km, 21km or spectating! To view the runners route or to sign up, click here.
10. Who doesn’t love a good fair? Stop by the carp fair between September 22nd to 25th. For more information click here.
11. We've all seen the photos on social media of people doing yoga at Parliament Hill. Why not join them? Head over to the Hill every Wednesday at noon for a free yoga session courtesy of Lulu Lemon.
12. Have you always wanted to participate in Oktoberfest but a trip to Germany just isn’t in the cards for you right now? Stop by Clarke Fields Park to celebrate Oktoberfest with beer, food and music from September 30th to October 1st. Get your tickets here.