Did you offer to cook a turkey dinner for your friends and family the holidays only to realize shortly after that your kitchen really isn’t equipped for the job? Or maybe it is, but aesthetically it’s not so pleasing? Well then maybe it’s time for a bit of a makeover. Here are some quick tips and tricks to makeover your kitchen on a budget:
- Although a fresh paint job won’t make cooking meals any easier- it can help transform the look of your kitchen. According to houzz.com, off-white will be the colour of 2016.
- Remove the cabinet doors to expose some of your more organized shelves. This will create an open concept feel and will make grabbing or putting away dishes, a quicker task.
- Another decorative idea which goes hand in hand with our last tip- is to have open shelving for decorative things such as cookbooks and wine.
- You’d be surprised out how much a new backsplash can help revamp your kitchen. According to the DIY network, stone stacked panels are your best bet for a high end look at a lower end price.
- If you’re truly committed to your makeover, and the layout of your house will allow it, knock down the wall between your kitchen and dining room. Not only will this make both rooms seem larger, but it will also allow you to quickly and conveniently move from cooking to serving. You may want to consider keeping a sort of arch way between the rooms to differentiate them, or a counter between them.
Looking for more kitchen makeover ideas? Check out our pinterest page board: https://www.pinterest.com/kwottawarealty/kitchen-makeovers-on-a-budget/