October is a great month. The leaves change colour and although the weather starts to get cooler, it’s a welcomed change from the hot summer. With Thanksgiving behind us, we hope that everyone is feeling happy, stuffed, family orientated and most of all, thankful. Although it’s a wonderful holiday, and a great way to make sure you’re reuniting with family members you might not see as often as you like, it’s time to finish up your leftovers and move on with the rest of your month. But don’t worry; there are still plenty of fun activities and events to look forward to in October. Many of which might be your last opportunity to enjoy the outdoors before the weather gets too cold.
Some must attend activities/events are;
- An Ottawa Fury game, as their season is due to wrap up on October 18th.
- An Ottawa Redblacks game, but don’t forget to wear extra layers of plaid to stay warm and support our lumberjack mascot!
- An Ottawa Senators game. But if you can’t make it to one this month, don’t worry- their season has only just begun!
- Fall Poutine Fest on Sparks. A very yummy and very Canadian event which will take place from October 16th to 18th
- The Ottawa International Film Festival. Taking place at the new and improved Lansdowne park, also from October 16th to 18th
- The Main Street Farmers Market, which will be closing up shop for the year on October 24th
- The Wine and Food Show. Another yummy event taking place from October 30th to November 1st.
- And last, but certainly not least, Halloween! Because who doesn’t love scary movies, candy and costumes!