Christmas can be expensive. Between buying gifts for friends and family, sending holiday cards, purchasing food and drinks for events and all the other expenses that can be associated with Christmas, the bills start to add up! Rather than making Christmas decorations an added expense, here are some DIY (do it yourself) Christmas decoration ideas.
- Take a few photos out of the frame and substitute them with festive pictures instead. You can either draw these pictures yourself or find printable ones right off the internet for free.
- If you have a white door anywhere in the house, decorate it using paper to make it look like a snowman. All you need is to cut out black circles for the eyes, mouth and buttons, an orange triangle for the nose, and some red rectangular paper for the scarf. If your doors aren’t white, you can use ribbon and a bow to make them look like a wrapped up Christmas present instead.
- Use a needle and white or clear thread to weave through cotton balls, leaving a space between each cotton ball. Then attach the thread to the ceiling and dangle the cotton balls to look like falling snow.
- Fill flower vases and containers around the house with Christmas tree ornaments.
- Take 3 used wine bottles and paint them white with the letters J-O-Y in red on each one. Then fill them with flowers and place them on a mantle piece.
These are just a few quick ways to fill your house with Christmas cheer. If you have any other suggestions/ideas, comment below!